Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Kathy Griffin and the beheading thing

 Kathy Griffin and the beheading thing
First off, I really hate Trump, but even this photo is a bit too far. I actually like Kathy (not the stupid comic strip) and her brand of comedy. Yet, this photo seems a bit odd to me and unfunny. It doesn't seem like her brand of humor. The fallout from this stupid and unfunny photo has been major discussion point for everyone. The blow-back has been so intense that she had to issues an apology...kind of.
It is low hanging fruit to have a body-less Trump. Given that ISIS uses beheading videos to start up shit makes me cringe that she went in that direction. She couldn't have picked a worst time to post this stupid picture. Trump is a clown that tweets too much and this is what you came up with. It is pretty sad, Kathy.
She lost her gig from CNN because of it, but of this tasteless photo. I personally think she shouldn't have lost her job with CNN. She apologized for it and that should be enough. It was supposed to be a joke, but it was a stupid joke. She apologized, so we and her should drop it.
Someone should have stood up and said, "Uh, this is not going to work. We need to stop."
Now, she has shifted the blame on the trolls. I guess things are going to get interesting. The press conferance doesn't work in this case. I would have laid low for a while and then came back in a month. You will have a career after this, so take some time off.
Like I said, I don't like and care about Trump, but you could have done better...funnier.
I am going to take a shower because I feel dirty defending Trump.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47